The iPad is fast becoming the go-to toy for Technophiles, and with more Apps available every day, it’s easy to see why. Here are the top 5 iPad Apps for the gadget-geeks inside all of us.
- IM+: Phone calls are for old people. But, we young people can’t spend all day Facebooking, Twittering, IMing, AIMing, Myspacing, Google Talking, Skyping and Jabbering – so we have this one App to do all of that for us. This all-in-one chat client is $10, but the time it saves is priceless (you now have a few spare minutes to get back to Farmville).
- iBanner HD: iBanner HD basically creates a large crystal clear banner of whatever text you enter in and displays it on your iPad in very large letters. For some reason, most people seem to use this to insult each other, or hit on women. Either way, it’s a lot of fun.
- Offline Pages: Sometimes, you just don’t connect. I mean, no internet connection available anywhere. And when that happens, this App saves your iPad from becoming a paperweight. Offline Pages saves pages you’ve found online for when you want to read them offline, which makes it perfect for plane rides and car trips.
- WordPress for iPad: For tech-bloggers, the WordPress for iPad App makes blogging easy. There is an almost 10-inch touch screen that makes typing and navigating WordPress easy. Posts are automatically saved and restored if network connection is lost, photos are displayed in the order they were uploaded, and the new interface makes switching between comments, posts and pages fast.
- Mixr: For Techno-DJs, nothing beats the Mixr, an app that aspires to be the first pro DJ application for iPad. Cross-fading, equalizing, cue, drag & drop tracks are only a few of the effects music lovers can play with.